Steve's Books

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish.
S. I. Hayakawa

Time and Chance

by Sharon Kay Penman

This is the second book in a trilogy (the first is When Christ and His Saints Slept) about Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine. It's historical fiction and it's quite good. Somehow I ended up with a copy of this book and started reading it even though I've never read the first book in the series. I didn't even realize that it was the second book in a series until I was already well into it. It didn't matter though. The book stands on its own quite well and since it's historical and since I was already somewhat familiar with the subject I had no trouble following it. This book focuses mainly on the troubled relationship between Henry and Thomas Becket. If you are at all interested in Henry and Eleanor (and is there a history lover who isn't?) then I can definitely recommend this book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home