Steve's Books

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish.
S. I. Hayakawa

Life of Pi

by Yann Martel

One of the more unusual books I've read in a long time, Life of Pi is the story of Piscine Molitor Patel, Pi for short. He's a boy from India who has a zookeeper for a father and who loves God far more than most. His story is truly unbelievable. His family leaves India for Canada and what happens along the way is guaranteed to make you think.

I'm not sure how much I can say without giving away the surprises. The cover should give you a bit of a hint. There are at least two stories here and I think that ultimately this book is about which one you choose to believe and why. Personally, I still haven't made up my mind.

This book is well worth reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home